Hello Beautiful People!
Time for Day Four! Please remember to hashtag #EstherChallenge when you tweet about it. In addition, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your notes for each chapter, or a summary and I will put it up on this blog page.
DAY FOUR- CHAPTER FOUR
Main People in this Chapter:
- Queen Esther
- Esther’s Maids
- Hathach (aka Hath)
- All the Jews in Susa
CHEEKY SUMMARY by Kanayo: Mordecai was so upset about the message sent out to kill all the Jews, so he removed his Louis V garments and put on rags and ashes to display his sorrow. He was weeping and wailing at the King’s gate when Esther’s maids saw Him and reported his behaviour to Esther. Queen Esther was shocked and sent her messenger Hath with Prada and Versace clothes for Mordecai and also to find out what the problem was. Mordecai told Him everything that Haman planned for the Jews, and said that regardless of Esther living in the King’s palace she and her family would not be spared. Esther was aware that it was forbidden and resulted in DEATH to go to the King without an invite and she hadn’t been invited for 30 days! Nevertheless, she was courageous and instructed all the Jews in Susa and her maids to join her in fasting for 3 days before she planned to go before the King. Uncertain of what would happen she said ‘If I die, I die, a remarkable display of Self-Sacrifice!
WHAT I LEARNED FROM THIS CHAPTER:
- ESTHER HAD A PURPOSE, SHE WAS AWARE OF THIS PURPOSE AND SHE BEHAVED ACCORDING TO HER PURPOSE! “And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?, she wasn’t just there to be a ‘pretty’ queen. God placed her in that position at the appointed time!
- ESTHER WAS COURAGEOUS! A lot of people doing the challenge touched on this, so refer to their comments because they are all powerful!
- ESTHER CONSULTED GOD BEFORE ANY ACTION! Although God is not explicitly mentioned in the Book of Esther His presence was surely there! Esther knew that she ought to consult her Father with fasting! So on top of her self-sacrifice she also denied her flesh so that she would completely be used by God! I imagine her prayer may have been ‘LESS OF ME LORD AND MORE OF YOU’.
- ESTHER HAD GOOD GOD-FEARING PEOPLE AROUND HER that were willing to join her in her supplications to God! Who do you surround yourself with? If you told your friends to pray/fast with you would they? #FriendCheck
- ESTHER WAS NOT IRREPLACEABLE. This may be controversial for some to understand. But Mordecai said something quite profound in verse 14 , “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish”. Mordecai was confident that God would deliver the Jews with or without Esther as a vessel!
I found that to be soooooo important! A lot of us think way too highly of ourselves relative to God. God will get the job done with or without you, but we should DESIRE to be used as His vessels, not because it benefits Him, but because it benefits us!! Especially when it comes to worship and prayer. God is still God without our worship, He does not depend on it, even the stones will rise up to worship God if we don’t (Luke 19:40). Worship is for us to enter his presence, to connect with Him, to receive those spiritual blessings. Hebrews 11:40 says “since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect”.
WHAT EVERYONE DOING THE ESTHER CHALLENGE THINKS:
Firstly, I love how even though Esther is now a Queen. She has not forgotten who she is, where she came from or most importantly her people. There are many on this earth who Progress in life, forget their senses and refuse to humble themselves. I think that’s something we should definitely remember to do. Secondly, she said ‘If I perish I perishh’! Can you imagine? She is willing to risk her life for her people COURAGEEE IS WHAT SHE HAD & IS WHAT WE OURSELVES NEED! I think also the fact she has told everyone to fast and pray for 3 Days and that she herself and her crew in the palace will do the same, says alot. Like she’s consulting God before she goes to the King. Guisee, before we do anythinggg big, even small sometimes, GO TO HIMMMM! – Precious, @PhreshOnline
The purpose for which Esther..came to be started unravelling in this chapter..the Purpose for deliverance, to safe her people and give them the right treatment they deserved as God’s people…it was a real state of trauma for the whole of God’s children…but Esther been the lady who she is took matters up as the moses of her time…the chosen one…she declared a fasting and Prayer session…with a true heart..and a focused mind..she was willing to die for its cause..now that’s the spirit!!!
….Nothing powerful than a determined woman
…..Prayer is the key!!!#lessons learnt #Estherchallenge. @saved_nicolee
“Some of us are quick to deal with things in the natural when it’s a spiritual battle with both a spiritual victory and natural manifestation.”
– Let me expand on this statement: (Esther 3&4) Haman had a plot to wipe out the Jews, it is correct that Haman was in a prominent position but this position was never going to wipe out the sovereignty of God and His promises. So the ratio was 1: Alpha&Omega. Immediately Mordecai placed sack cloth and ashes (when this was done it usually illustrated humility and a sign of repentance). Thereafter Esther understood that naturally it was impossible to get the decree revoked, unless the hand of God was involved therefore leading her into Prayer and Fasting, it wasn’t her merely denying food but denying self, self strength and total reliance on a God that is all knowing. Sometimes in some situations all we need to do is deny ourselves be humble, seek His face and pray. (NO LONG TING) What can you do? You couldn’t even control the situation occurring so what more can you do? Be still and know He is God!i -@SusanDeborahs