“But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”Luke 10:41-42 ESV
Choose the ONE thing over the many.
At a time where people, especially believers seem to be doing ‘many’ things. Where society implicitly pressurises us to be consumed with ‘many’ things. Where even fellow believers may report you as ‘less active’ or ‘quieter than usual’. ONE thing is necessary, and that is to sit at the feet of Jesus.
The ‘many’ anxieties pale in comparison to the comfort of His presence. The many activities pale in comparison to the singular act of spending time with God.
I am reminded of my memory verse from last month, that “in the multitude of my anxieties within me, his comforts are my delight” (Psalm 94:19).
Whenever I feel overwhelmed with the ‘many’…I’m reminded that only ONE thing is necessary. Be reminded too! 😊
A summary of a wholesome fruitful reassuring conversation with my sister queen Rachel (IG: @tracemondaymotes)
Most recent posts:
- ‘Anxious yet efficient’ – Making sense of my high-functioning anxiety.Psalm 94:17-19 As soon as I drove through my school gates, I felt my stomach do a backflip, my heart started racing and the most ridiculous early morning headache developed. I knew what I was … Continue reading ‘Anxious yet efficient’ – Making sense of my high-functioning anxiety.
- Losing 14kg during lockdown while eating Magnum – An introduction to the ‘I can’t come and kill myself’ diet!Watch my IGTV 12 minute video below to hear how 14kg melted off me during lockdown! I made New Year’s resolutions with my students at the start of the year (they always hold me accountable😎), … Continue reading Losing 14kg during lockdown while eating Magnum – An introduction to the ‘I can’t come and kill myself’ diet!
- ‘Why Worry?’ – Devotional on YouVersion
- The development of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome in People of Colour: A Case Study Lecture for SNMA, Burrell College of Osteopathic MedicineThis week I was a Guest Lecturer for the medical students at Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine in New Mexico, USA. In this lecture, I share on the visual presentation of Stevens-Johnson (SJS) in people of colour – using myself as a Case Study. In addition, I share my disheartening experience of systemic racism in health care due to the lack of representation of Black and Ethnic groups in medical education curricular. The session ended with a brilliant question, answer and comment session.
- Skin Care Routine – Post Stevens-Johnson SyndromeHere is my highly requested skin care routine post-SJS! Stevens-Johnson syndrome really dealt with my body internally and externally. Watch my testimony here. My face was ruined. I looked like a horror story gone wrong…but … Continue reading Skin Care Routine – Post Stevens-Johnson Syndrome