“But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”Luke 10:41-42 ESV
Choose the ONE thing over the many.
At a time where people, especially believers seem to be doing ‘many’ things. Where society implicitly pressurises us to be consumed with ‘many’ things. Where even fellow believers may report you as ‘less active’ or ‘quieter than usual’. ONE thing is necessary, and that is to sit at the feet of Jesus.
The ‘many’ anxieties pale in comparison to the comfort of His presence. The many activities pale in comparison to the singular act of spending time with God.
I am reminded of my memory verse from last month, that “in the multitude of my anxieties within me, his comforts are my delight” (Psalm 94:19).
Whenever I feel overwhelmed with the ‘many’…I’m reminded that only ONE thing is necessary. Be reminded too! 😊
A summary of a wholesome fruitful reassuring conversation with my sister queen Rachel (IG: @tracemondaymotes)
Most recent posts:
- Doctorate in Education (EdD) – ReflectionsIn this post I share my ‘A’ graded reflective statement on the first year of my EdD at UCL, Institute of Education. It is a personal and informative account of my experience and would be a great read for anyone who is interested in furthering their studies at this level; particularly my fellow teachers and action-researchers. I am transparent and critically review my experience, including the challenges so that this can be used as a learning resource and reference point for all academics.
- ITV – Black and British: TonightITV Tonight is Britain’s most popular current affairs programme, which delivers compelling stories that get to the heart of what matters most to its viewers. It is an absolute blessing and honour to be part of ITV’s Black & British: Tonight special programme, which will air on Thursday 29th October 2020 at 7:30pm on ITV.
- ‘Anxious yet efficient’ – Making sense of my high-functioning anxiety.Psalm 94:17-19 As soon as I drove through my school gates, I felt my stomach do a backflip, my heart started racing and the most ridiculous early morning headache developed. I knew what I was … Continue reading ‘Anxious yet efficient’ – Making sense of my high-functioning anxiety.
- Losing 14kg during lockdown while eating Magnum – An introduction to the ‘I can’t come and kill myself’ diet!Watch my IGTV 12 minute video below to hear how 14kg melted off me during lockdown! I made New Year’s resolutions with my students at the start of the year (they always hold me accountable😎), … Continue reading Losing 14kg during lockdown while eating Magnum – An introduction to the ‘I can’t come and kill myself’ diet!
- ‘Why Worry?’ – Devotional on YouVersion