“But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”Luke 10:41-42 ESV
Choose the ONE thing over the many.
At a time where people, especially believers seem to be doing ‘many’ things. Where society implicitly pressurises us to be consumed with ‘many’ things. Where even fellow believers may report you as ‘less active’ or ‘quieter than usual’. ONE thing is necessary, and that is to sit at the feet of Jesus.
The ‘many’ anxieties pale in comparison to the comfort of His presence. The many activities pale in comparison to the singular act of spending time with God.
I am reminded of my memory verse from last month, that “in the multitude of my anxieties within me, his comforts are my delight” (Psalm 94:19).
Whenever I feel overwhelmed with the ‘many’…I’m reminded that only ONE thing is necessary. Be reminded too! 😊
A summary of a wholesome fruitful reassuring conversation with my sister queen Rachel (IG: @tracemondaymotes)
Most recent posts:
- CHANNEL 4 (LIVE) INTERVIEW – WHY IS IT HARDER TO DIAGNOSE DISORDERS ON NON-WHITE SKIN?What a phenomenal experience to have shared my near-fatal Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS) story of race-driven medical negligence on LIVE TV on Channel 4’s show, ‘Steph’s Packed Lunch’. It was even better that I got to … Continue reading CHANNEL 4 (LIVE) INTERVIEW – WHY IS IT HARDER TO DIAGNOSE DISORDERS ON NON-WHITE SKIN?
- BBC Interview – Why is it harder to diagnose disorders on non-white skin?Why is it harder to diagnose disorders on non-white skin? – BBC News Watch the full VT for the BBC’s discussion on the challenges with diagnosing disorders on non-white skin by clicking the button below. … Continue reading BBC Interview – Why is it harder to diagnose disorders on non-white skin?
- Hymn of Assurance – NEW SINGLE OUT NOW!”And I know that You are with me through it all. When I rise and even when I fall. Jesus, You have been there every step of the way. I know, You will keep me … Continue reading Hymn of Assurance – NEW SINGLE OUT NOW!
- Psychology of Gaslighting: How to Respond in Faith – Devotional‘Gaslighting’ is a complex, nuanced term that many have experienced or perpetuated. If you have ever been made to question the validity of your faith, your perception of reality, your lived experiences and feelings; you may have been a victim of gaslighting. In a grace-resistant world full of post-truths, we must learn how to deal with gaslighting by returning to the Truth of God’s Word.
- “This Is Your Life” – Interview with MoChunks and a Post-interview reflection pieceIt was so wonderful to sit down with my sister Queen Mo and literally review defining moments of my life so far. I felt like I was on that show “This is your life” 😝 … Continue reading “This Is Your Life” – Interview with MoChunks and a Post-interview reflection piece