Happy New Year!
May His peace guard you in all seasons. May His word be your daily bread! May His goodness, mercy and love pursue you! Amen.
“It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation.”
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:21
This year, I want to encourage you to change your declaration! Forget saying:
- Oh life is so hard.
- Exams are going to be difficult.
- This year is going to be crazy (one that I corrected my Mr on today)
- I feel like crap (one that I corrected myself on today).
Speak LIFE. Speak positivity. Change such remarks to:
- Life may look hard but its easy because I’m an overcomer through Jesus! I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
- Exams are going to be sweet, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). I’m believing God for the same wisdom, knowledge and understanding that He gave Daniel and his boys (Daniel 1:17).
- This year is going to be so peaceful. His Peace will be my empire, my dwelling place. Philippians 4:7
- I refuse to listen to my feelings. I am beautiful. Psalm 139:14
There is so much power in our words. We have to be so careful with what we utter from our lips because they shape our world, and can literally bring life or death.
It is words that brought the world into existence. It is words that are used to call the things that be not as though they are (Romans 4:17)
So you get it…words are powerful. We use words in prayer, we use words in worship and we use words to encourage. Let us not use words to curse, slander or discourage from the same mouth. Let us not give the enemy legal rights because of something we’ve said with our mouths.
Change your declaration! Speak LIFE! 🙂
– Kanayo Dike-Oduah
Taken from my newsletter. Subscribe here to never miss a post!
If you haven’t done one already, why not give it a try! A great and fun way to get into the Word with others.
Find out how to Start a bible challenge here!
Verse To Meditate On This Week
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
– Ephesians 4:29