Hello Beautiful People!
Its amazing to see so many of you on board with the Living Waters Challenge (#LWChallenge). Its a continuation of our Bible Challenge series so I’d encourage you to do the #RuthChallenge or the #EstherChallenge! Remember to use our hashtag #LWChallenge and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your notes/comments for the blog!
The Living Waters Challenge is based on the book called ‘Living Waters’ written by my sister Susan Deborahs who is looking at ‘Self-Esteem‘ today! . Our main scripture is taken from John 4:1-42. Please read it for further understanding throughout the challenge, although I will be writing my usual short summaries!
John 4 is about a Samaritan woman who had an encounter with Jesus at the well. Now this woman wasn’t any woman, she was a woman with issues, she had been married five times and the man that she was with wasn’t even her husband. Now, we may not have five husbands but those five husbands can represent different issues that we battle with on a daily basis. Struggles are not wrong to have until we refuse to face it and deal with it.
Let us deal with the Husband of Insecurity
1.subject to fears, doubts
2. not confident or certain; uneasy; anxious
3. not secure; exposed or liable to risk, loss, or danger
What/Who do you place your security in?
- I placed my security in my appearance…but not everyone will be size 8 without the rolls.
- I placed my security in my academics…but not everyone will get 100.
- I placed my security in being accepted by everyone…but not everyone will like you.
- I placed my security in relationships…maybe He isn’t the one for you.
- I placed my security in status/recognition…does it define your worth?
For a very long time I placed my security in the wrong things. All the things that I placed my security in are 100% FALLIBLE, they are not stable, certain or secure. I was like the Samaritan woman fetching water from the well that still left me thirsty, these false securities left me desiring more but never being satisfied because they couldn’t give me the security I needed.
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.” – John 4:13-15
Don’t Compare the Market . Com
Place your security in who God says YOU ARE!
Place your security in who God IS and always will be!
- I am God’s workmanship, created for good works, Ephesians 2:10
- I am a temple of God, 1 Corinthians 3:16
- I may approach God with freedom and confidence, Ephesians 3:12
I AM SECURE
- I am assured that all things work together for good, Romans 8:28
- I cannot be separated from the love of God, Romans 8:35-39
- I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected, Philippians 1:6
- I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind, 2 Timothy 1:7
- I can find grace and mercy in time of need, Hebrews 4:16
I AM ACCEPTED
- I am God’s child, John 1:12
- I am complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10
- I have been bought with a price, I belong to God, 1 Corinthians 6:19-2
- I am Christ’s friend, John 15:15
There is soooooo much more I wanted to add, but I’ll save it for twitter and another blog post 🙂
Check out Susan’s post on Self-Esteem!
Remember to hashtag #LWChallenge and email anything you would like added to the blog to email@example.com
Please Join the events page for the release of the book ‘Living Waters’ 30.3.13 http://www.facebook.com/events/296542760474923/
God bless you!!! xx